TOP 10 REASONS TO BUY LEHIGH VALLEY
1. Keep money in the neighborhood.For every $100 spent at a locally owned business, $45 goes back into the community –and our tax base.
2. Embrace what makes us different! We are a Valley of neighborhoods. Where we shop, where we eat and hang out – all of it makes our neighborhood home.
3. Get better service.
Local businesses employ people who have an understanding of local conditions relating to the products they’re selling, and you can get to know them.
4. Buy what you want, not what someone wants you to buy.
A thriving marketplace of tens of thousands of small businesses means competitive prices over the long-term. Local businesses choose products based on what their customers want and need, guaranteeing a diverse range of product choices.
5. Create more good jobs.
Small local businesses are one of the largest employers nationally and in the Lehigh Valley, and local businesses offer greater loyalty to their employees.
6. Care for the environment.Independent businesses make purchases requiring less transportation. They usually set up shop in commercial corridors and urban cores. This means less energy consumed and less pollution.
7. Support community groups.
Nonprofits receive immeasurably more support from local business owners than they do from non-local businesses.
8. Invest in the community.
Local businesses are owned by people who live here, work here, and are invested in our future.
9. Put your taxes to good use.
Local businesses pay local taxes.
10. Show the world we believe in the Lehigh Valley.
People are more likely to invest in or move to communities