We have a few internships available to interested high school, college students or volunteers who are looking to get more involved in Chamber activities. Here is a description of some of the possible activities:
Marketing & Communications Internship:
This exciting internship will provide the student with many unique opportunities not available in the average office setting. The Bethlehem office of the Greater Lehigh Valley Chamber of Commerce works directly with the City of Bethlehem on their marketing and community redevelopment initiatives. With the Sands Casino Resort recent opening, the intern can expect to play a critical role in the organization and implementation of the City’s newest marketing efforts. The intern will not only network with members of the City’s administration, but with owners of small and large businesses in the greater Bethlehem area. The experiences and relationships gained through this unpaid internship, will certainly equip any student with desirable professional qualities and set them apart in an ever-increasing difficult job market.
• Upbeat, energetic, willing to meet new people and take on new projects.
• Majoring or minoring in Marketing, Communications, Business Administration or a related field.
• Have a strong computer background, including the use of Office and the willingness/adaptability to learn new programs.
• Must have a drivers license and own transportation.
• Able to work at least 4 hours, but no more than 12 hours per week. May be asked, but not required to attend events in the evenings.
Contact Person: Melody Gardner, email@example.com
Phone: 610-841-5862, Fax: 610-758-9533
Regional Council Internship:
- Coordination of Regional Chamber board meeting items
- Event planning assistance
- Create flyers for various Chamber events
- Compile historic statistics and create excel reports
- Outbound phone calls to members or potential vendors for events
- Basic office duties including photocopying, typing meeting minutes, etc.
- Attend Chamber events; some evenings possible
We will work with the student on a schedule to fit your needs as well as ours.
Contact: Marlyn Kissner, 610-841-5806, firstname.lastname@example.org
Easton & Phillipsburg internship:
- Draft Easton and Phillipsburg constant contact e-newsletters
- Attend Easton and Phillipsburg events committee meetings and take notes
- Develop comprehensive database of downtown P’burg/Easton businesses with contact info that are not Chamber members
- Develop/Draft marketing plan and materials for downtown businesses that emphasize the value of chamber membership and the low cost for the membership. Make the plan relatable to the merchant.
- Assist Alison Miers and Vice Presidents in developing programs designed to assist retailers
- Assist Alison and Vice Presidents in developing events to promote the two downtowns
Contact: Alison Miers, 610-841-5852, email@example.com