- Compared to the past 12 months, 68% of merchants surveyed believe the economy is weaker, compared to about 14% who believe it is stronger and 18% who believe it is about the same.
- 73% of businesses saw a decline during the recession.
- There is optimism: 40% of businesses believe their revenue will improve in the next three months, while 35% believe it will stay the same.
- The optimism is limited: 22% believe that the worst of the recession is over, while 47% do not.
- 6% believe that their business will not survive the recession.
- Over half of all businesses are already or plan on using Google, Yahoo! and Facebook to promote their business.
Wednesday, December 30, 2009
So this came across our desk and we wanted to share it will all of you. The information comes to us courtesy of our friends at the Easton Main Street Initiative, and specifically Brian Pitcher of Baby Gift Clouds. The full survey is available here. It is a survey is "Merchant's Confidence Index." Here is a rough summary: