This being said, if you are a regular smart-phone user (and so many of us are), you may need to make your battery last longer than the average. Here are some tips on how to do it:
- Full drain your battery at least once a month. Doing so will help minimize a loss of capacity for your battery.
- Keep your phone as close to room temperature as possible.
- Turn off any features you aren't using (bluetooth, GPS, WiFi, etc) - those features will just drain your power.
- Put your phone in "airplane" mode when you are out of coverage areas. When you are back in a coverage area, take the airplane mode off - otherwise, it won't ring or give you E-mails!
- Dim your screen.
- Lock the phone.
- Update your Apps regularly - updated apps frequently drain less battery.
- Close programs that aren't running - most smart-phones allow for Apps to run in the background, even if you aren't using them. Again, this creates a drain on your battery life that you don't need.