- Make the strongest impact - people are much more likely to remember you in person than networking otherwise.
- Allow you the most flexibility when it comes to talking to someone - you can read someone's expressions & body language in a way that's simply impossible otherwise.
- Easiest way to build a long-term relationship with someone.
- Time inefficient, especially compared to other methods.
- Can be difficult if you are shy or not a "people-person."
- A happy medium between face-to-face and electronic.
- Relatively time efficient.
- Phone numbers aren't too hard to get.
- These days, everyone is busy - who likes to be bothered on the phone?
- Can be difficult to find the right contact-person who is a decision maker.
- A gate-keeper, like an administrator, can keep you from talking to the person you are trying to reach.
- VERY time efficient - allows for mass contact that simply cannot be replicated.
- Allows for creativity in graphics & messaging that isn't possible otherwise.
- Allows for obtaining information that isn't possible to get otherwise (if you ever really spend time looking at someone's Facebook or LinkedIn profile, you know this - you can get tons of information that isn't otherwise accessible!).
- Your message can be easily ignored or dismissed as spam.
- Not nearly as impactful as a face-to-face meeting or phone call.
- Requires a great deal of effort, segmentation and potentially cost to be effective.