Friday, December 9, 2011

Daily Briefing, 12/9/2011

Good morning everyone!  Here is today's Daily Briefing.

With a few weeks still to go, the Lehigh Valley has set an all-time participation record for the year.  Occupy Bethlehem was removed from its encampment yesterday after failing to get a permit.  In Northampton County, County Council voted to increase spending without increasing taxes, despite the objections of County Executive John Stoffa.

In national news, Democratic efforts to pass a payroll tax cut extension failed in the Senate yesterday.  The Senate also blocked President Obama's nominee to head the Consumer Protection Agency.  

We have two Chamber events today: a Grand Opening at Elaine Zelker Photography and a webinar on Identity Theft.

And that's it for now!  Have a good one, and we'll be back later today.

1 comment:

Faith Iyaz said...

I enjoyed reading through your posting. I need to say that it was the 1st article on your blog I genuinely enjoyed and in which I had a feeling of agreement, know what I mean? In any case, keep the posting and I’ll be back once again.
Vinyl banners, Custom Folders, Custom Stickers