Friday, September 7, 2012

My final Chamber blog entry

For the past five years or so, I have very proudly run The Chamber's Social Media initiatives, which has, at this point, culminated in almost 2,000 blog entries.  Wow.  It has been a pleasure and an honor to do so.

For those of you who have been following our blog for long enough, you probably know that my name is Mike Schlossberg.  I've had a variety of positions with The Chamber, mostly recently serving as our Vice President of Member Relations & Applied Technology, where I have assisted new member recruitment, retention and Social Media.

As some of you may be aware, until recently, I also served as a member of Allentown City Council, a position I just resigned.  That's because I am unopposed to succeed my friend and mentor, Jennifer Mann, as State Representative for the 132nd District in Allentown.  I'll start that position on December 1.

As such, we've started to transition things here at The Chamber, and this is my final blog entry.  I am VERY pleased to introduce our new Social Media Director, Mike Keller.  Mike comes to us from our friends at Discover Lehigh Valley, where he assisted in their Social Media operations.  Mike is talented, resourceful, creative and clearly has all the skills he needs to continue the Social Media excellence that I hope you have become accustomed to.  He won't do as good as I did; he'll do much, much better!

Please know that it has been an absolute pleasure to write for you all for the past five years.  During that time, I hope that I have done whatever I can to inform, educate and entertain you, as well as help your business grow.  That's what we do at The Chamber, and that's one of the many reasons why this is such a great place.

It has been a pleasure and an honor.

Mike K., she's all yours!