Some other features that you can expect to see include:
- The iPhone 5 will have a larger 4-inch screen with room for an extra row of apps (all previous versions of the iPhone boast a 3.5-inch screen)
- Apple jumped on board with their competitors and finally offer LTE connectivity, which will be available on AT&T, Spring & Verizon.
- Apple replaced the 30 pin charging connector with a new Lightning connector, and get this; it's reversible! No more fumbling around trying to find out which side is the top or bottom
- iPhone 5 has a thinner design - 7.6 mm wide and 112 grams compared to previous 9.3 mm and 140 grams
- New and improved processor - A6 chip
- Improved earphones called EarPods that allow for deeper bass
- 8 MP camera with built-in panorama mode that is also 40% faster and better in low light
- Enhanced Siri assistant
- iOS 6 operating system
The phone will debut in 9 countries on September 21, followed by 22 more on September 28.
The real question is: Will you be waiting in line to purchase Apple's most recent product? I might wait until it's out for a few weeks, but I already know I'll be upgrading to the iPhone 5.