Guest blog from Carol Ritter of CarolTalks.com
What’s around the corner for 2013? Is it the traditional pork and sauerkraut, looking for the good luck charm, or maybe the 2013 diet that will work, or maybe you might consider “growing ur biz” for sure. I recently took a “FACEBOOK” class and learned how to utilize this magnificent tool to benefit your business. You know, they always say if you want to learn about social media ask a young person. Well, I decided to jump off the non-fiscal cliff and learn how to do it myself. Some really fascinating tips for the new year:
1. Pictures are viewed the most, take pictures of your staff in action, take pictures of your customers, your events, yourself and post with captions
2. Thursdays are the best day to post, folks are starting to get in the mind set of the weekend - you know, Thursday is the new Friday!
3. There are many changes coming in 2013 to Facebook, especially for small businesses-expect those changes to be especially focused on driving new customers to your business
4. Experts say that within 5 years Facebook will be the first place folks look to find your business, service or product
5. Don’t forget media - second to looking at pictures your customers are viewing You Tube
6. The most important piece of your Facebook business page is the BIG picture at the top, leave it blank and customers will assume you don’t know what you are doing.
Face it, social media is a mystery to some baby boomers. So you have a choice, keep doing business as usual, cash flow as usual, same old customers as usual or really take on 2013. Embrace change, challenge yourself and take on the social media and let go of the same old same old.
When someone asks you, “Is your business on FACEBOOK?” In 2013, how about you say, “I’ve Faced it, I’m growing my business with social media as we speak.”
Carol serves as a featured writer for the Home News and the Lehigh Valley Chamber Blog
Carol is an accomplished professional speaker, coach and educational consultant specializing in innovative leadership, outrageous fundraising, million dollar marketing, and building organizational alliances throughout the country. Carol’s creative leadership with bullet proof ideas for recruiting MORE MEMBERS, MORE MONEY AND BETTER LEADERS. www.caroltalks.com 610-442-4545 email@example.com Like my Biz on Facebook at Caroltalks and CarolCoaches!