The Chamber of Commerce is an association of businesses and individuals that work to improve the economic conditions and enhance the quality of life in the Easton area through involvement with community organizations and the programming of special events. The Chamber serves the City of Easton, the City of Phillipsburg, Palmer Township, Forks Township, and Williams Township, Nazareth, the Slate Belt, the Pocono Mountains, and the Boroughs of Wilson, West Easton and Glendon. Aspects of this position include database management, event planning, advertising, public relations and networking with the Easton area business community.
An intern in this position would assist with in planning and executing activities and events to further the growth and development of the Easton area.
• Upbeat, energetic, willing to meet new people and take on new projects.
• Event planning assistance
• Have a strong computer background, including the use of Office and the willingness/adaptability to learn new programs.
• Outbound phone calls to members or potential vendors for events
• Basic office duties including photocopying, typing meeting minutes, etc.
• Must have a drivers license and own transportation.
• Able to work at least 4 hours, but no more than 12 hours per week for part time, and no more than 35 hours per week for a full time internship position. May be asked, but not required to attend events in the evenings.
Alison Miers, VP of Easton & Phillipsburg Initiatives
Phone: 610-739-1512, Fax: 610-330-9177