Graphic Designer (EBC Printing)
Senior Graphic Designer needed for busy commercial printer.
Looking for Speed and accuracy. Pre-press experience is an added plus.
Must be proficient in Quark Xpress and Adobe Creative Suite.
Graphic Designer Job Purpose: Responsible for creating a visible image that can be used in media and print.
Graphic Designer Job Duties:
• Prepares work to be accomplished by gathering information and materials.
• Meet with clients to understand a vision for product or design.
• Design logos for products and businesses.
• Illustrates concept by designing rough layout of art and copy regarding arrangement, size, type size and style, and related aesthetic concepts.
• Obtains approval of concept by submitting rough layout for approval.
• Prepares finished copy and art by operating typesetting, printing, and similar equipment; purchasing from vendors.
• Create promotional displays, packaging and marketing brochures.
• Prepares final layout by marking and pasting up finished copy and art.
• Completes projects by coordinating press proof with Press Operator.
• Maintains technical knowledge by attending design workshops; reviewing professional publications; participating in professional societies.
• Perform research on competitors and market trends.
• Collaborate with Press Operator for type of paper stock.
• Supervise assistants during product design.
• Work daily with CSR to prioritize the Graphic Department schedule.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• Develop new business contacts.
• Location: EBC Printing , Trexlertown PA.
• Compensation: Compensation is based on proficiency and experience.
• Full time days and weekends (if needed)
Skills/Qualifications: Graphic Design Skills, Layout Skills, Creative Services, Customer Focus, Creativity, Flexibility, Attention to Detail, Deadline-Oriented, Desktop Publishing Tools, proficient in Quark Xpress and Adobe Creative Suite.