Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Growing Your Biz in 2013 - Is There A Doctor in the House?

Guest blog from Carol Ritter of CarolTalks.com

When we think of customer service, we most often think of walking into a store and the way we are treated but it’s more than that...

I was recently in a car accident.  I guess they call it whip-lash, but my neck got one heck of a jolt and I’ve been seeing my doc every week since July.  Not that this has any relevance but I was sitting at a stop light minding my own when a girl hit me from behind (texting for sure).

My doctor!  You will never meet another doctor like this.  Since I’m there every week I began to observe the way he runs his biz.  He, not his staff,  pops his head into the waiting room in between all patients.  He, not his staff, says hello to us by name when we arrive.  He, not his staff, lets us know how long it will be before he sees us.  He says things like; "Be with you in a moment" or "I’m running a few minutes behind" or "come on in now".  It’s not unusual to hear lots of laughter in his office even though most of us walk in with some kind of pain.

What does this Doc have that many do not?  He’s got the ‘patient service’ gene, he understands that his patients are the most valuable piece of his biz and he knows that friendliness goes a long way.

Not only is he a magnificent advocate for docs, he’s also a gifted and talented physician.  He’s got it all, how about you?

What happens when a patient feels wanted and cared for?

1. we talk to others about his outstanding service
2. we would not consider going to another doc
3. and his business is growing as fast as his reputation
4. we refer everyone to him
5. and in my case, I write about him

At the end of the day,

There’s not only a doctor in the house, there’s a compassionate, caring man with a heart for healing ready and willing to say hello and shower you with customer service.

Carol S. Ritter, Motivational Speaker
Results Only Business Coach & Featured Writer
www.caroltalks.com
610-442-4545
www.youtube.com/caroltalks
https://www.facebook.com/pages/CarolCoaches/194664211990
https://www.facebook.com/Caroltalkscom
 
Watch for my new website launch coming soon.

Carol serves as a featured writer for the Home News and the Lehigh Valley Chamber Blog.Carol is an accomplished professional speaker, coach and educational consultant specializing in innovative leadership, outrageous fundraising, million dollar marketing, and building organizational alliances throughout the country.  Carol’s creative  leadership with bullet proof ideas for recruiting MORE MEMBERS, MORE MONEY AND TER LEADERS. www.caroltalks.com 610-442-4545 tellkids@aol.com  Like Carol on  Facebook at Caroltalks and CarolCoaches!  Carol S. Ritter, Immediate Past President, National Speakers Association Philadelphia

No comments: