This full-time position reports directly to the Vice President of Allentown Initiatives and provides administrative and clerical support to the Allentown Chamber and the Hamilton District Main Street Program.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Provides staff support to the Vice President of Allentown Initiatives and the Hamilton District Main Street Manager, including attending meetings, executing correspondence, answering phones and any other duties as required.
· Attends and supports the Vice President in monthly board meetings, luncheon and breakfast meetings; maintains all member records and implementation of Allentown Chamber related events.
· Attends and supports the Hamilton District Main Street Manager on monthly board and committee meetings.
· Updates all Allentown social media networking sites on a regular basis, including maintaining the Allentown Chamber and Hamilton District websites.
· Composes and sends mass emails as needed to promote regional events.
· Supports and assists the Vice President and Main Street Manager in all programs and special events pertaining to Allentown.
· Composes and disseminates monthly committee, board and event meeting notices and minutes; and works with Vice President and Manager on routine correspondence including letters and reports.
· Seeks active membership participation for the Allentown Chamber.
· Registers participants for Allentown Chamber events through the Chamber database, Weblink.
· Represents the Chamber and HDMSP to various organizations during community and professional after-hour functions and events.
· Assists in general office activities including answering telephones, researching and disseminating information to callers and visitors and following up with appropriate colleagues.
· Acts as a staff support with other staff members outside the Allentown office, assisting them as needed on programs and projects where additional staff is needed.
· Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Vice President of Allentown Initiatives and the Hamilton District Main Street Manager.
Physical/work environment: Employee will be required to sit for extended periods; bend, stand, and sit frequently; and be able to visually review correspondence. Lifting required, typically less than 25 lbs.
v Minimum Associates Degree with 2-3 years of office experience preferred.
v Expertise and critical knowledge of social media sites, such as, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube required.
v Excellent computer skills required.
v Excellent organizational and communication skills required.
v Leadership and flexibility in a changing environment required.
Salary Range: $28,000 - $32,000 annually, plus healthcare benefits.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CONTACT MIRIAMH@LEHIGHVALLEYCHAMBER.ORG