Director of Empowerment Center and Development. The YWCA of Bethlehem seeks a FT Director of Empowerment Center and Development to develop, implement, market and oversee all YWCA empowerment programs, run two special fundraising events (a 5k Race Against Racism and TGIF (Teaching Girls Is Fun) Charity Golf Classic), write grants and manage social media. Bachelor’s Degree plus a minimum of two years experience in program development, management and fundraising in the non-profit sector is preferred. Email cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
I. YWCA PURPOSE & NONDISCRIMINATION STATEMENT
The YWCA of Bethlehem is dedicated to eliminating racism, empowering women and promoting peace, justice, freedom and dignity for all. It is the policy of the YWCA of Bethlehem not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, disability, age, religion, sexual preference, veteran status or any other legally protected classification in its programs, activities or employment.
The function of the Director of the Empowerment Center and Development is to raise funds for the programs of the YWCA of Bethlehem through grant writing, solicitation of sponsorships, donor cultivation and stewardship and write press releases, manage social media and implement, market and oversee all YWCA Empowerment Center programs and services.
III. RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
The Director of the Empowerment Center and Development is responsible for developing, implementing, marketing and overseeing all YWCA Empowerment Programs, running two special fundraising events, T.G.I.F. (Teaching Girls Is Fun) Charity Golf Classic and 5K Race Against Racism, writing grants, managing the volunteer programs and social media.
Specific programs are:
- Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr Holiday Celebration with NAACP
- Racial justice education
- Study circles
- Dinner Dialogues
- Youth reading circles
- Neighbor- to- neighbor (breast health)
- LPGA-USGA Girls Golf of Lehigh Valley and Southern Lehigh Valley
- Prom Dress Day
- Boys golf clinics
Specific duties include:
- Grow existing YWCA programs such as WAND and TeenWAND.
- Manage two YWCA special fundraising events
- Develop new programs that are fee-for-service programs which generate operating revenue
- Market YWCA programs to potential program participants, news media and other
- Evaluate program outcomes and measures for success
- Maintain organized program files
- Prepare and report program outcomes to YWCA Executive Director and appropriate
- Manage the TechGYRLS Coordinator, Golf Coordinators and other
staff/volunteers/interns to assure that individual program objectives are met
- Research and write grants
- Manage YWCA’s volunteer program
- Expand YWCA Empowerment programs throughout the Lehigh Valley through
collaboration and outreach
- Identify, research and write grant/funding proposals
- Prepare grant close-out reports
- Maintain regular communication with program staff, to understand program's needs, and
to develop ideas for funding proposals
- Assist in the identification, cultivation and follow-up of donors - individual and major
- Write solicitation and thank you letters
- Track and process donations, acknowledge gifts and generate reports.
- Prepare press releases and annual report.
- Attend YWCA and community meetings as needed
- Act as the YWCA Staff Liaison to the following committees:
1. Women’s Programming Committee
2. Coalition on Racism and Race Relations
3. Girls Golf
4. Prom Dress Day
- Design program materials such as fliers, registration brochures, etc., as needed
- Other Duties as assigned
IV. EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s Degree plus a minimum of two years’ experience in program development,
management and fundraising in the non-profit sector is preferred.
- Work well independently and as part of a team
- Solid written and oral communication skills
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Outgoing and friendly personality
- Committed and genuinely passionate about the YWCA mission
- Strong technical skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, Publisher, Power Point and Outlook
- Detail oriented, good writing skills and good proofreading skills.
V. HOURS OF WORK
The position of Director of Empowerment Center and Development is exempt.
The Director of Empowerment Center and Development is accountable to the Executive Director.
Email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.