Thursday, December 5, 2013

Growing Your Biz in 2013 - Gracias

Guest blog post from Carol Ritter of CarolTalks.com

Thanksgiving, in 1621, the Plymouth colonists and Wampanoag Indians shared an autumn harvest feast that is acknowledged today as one of the first Thanksgiving celebrations in the colonies. For more than two centuries, days of thanksgiving were celebrated by individual colonies and states. It wasn't until 1863, in the midst of the Civil War, that President Abraham Lincoln proclaimed a national Thanksgiving Day to be held each November. 
I was thinking--How do you give thanks to your customers?
Bill Marriott’s dad, founder of Marriott Hotels spent about 75 percent of his time out of the office, immersed in operations, and at least half of that time talking to customers. Over time, he built up a great following.  He understood how customers think and what they need. 

Do you understand the fundamental common sense brain of your customers?

As your country celebrates Thanksgiving, take time to think about what you might be thankful for and if your clients contribute to your success.  If they do, it’s time to say “gracias”, “merci”, “danke”, “grazi”, or maybe just thank you.

To my customers, “Gracias” I appreciate your business and here’s how I say thanks

I will give social media shout outs - Customer of the Week
I will position myself as a customer appreciation business

I will pay attention to you and your needs

I will provide perks, prizes, pick-me-ups
I will commit to one VIP Reception every year
I will say thanks in the off season, my customers will be more surprised--Gracias!
Happy Thanksgiving!
Carol S. Ritter, Motivational Speaker 
Results Only Business Coach & Featured Writer
610-442-4545 
 
Watch for my new website launch coming soon.


Carol serves as a featured writer for the Home News and the Lehigh Valley Chamber Blog.Carol is an accomplished professional speaker, coach and educational consultant specializing in innovative leadership, outrageous fundraising, million dollar marketing, and building organizational alliances throughout the country.  Carol’s creative  leadership with bullet proof ideas for recruiting MORE MEMBERS, MORE MONEY AND TER LEADERS. www.caroltalks.com 610-442-4545 tellkids@aol.com  Like Carol on  Facebook at Caroltalks and CarolCoaches!  Carol S. Ritter, Immediate Past President, National Speakers Association Philadelphia

No comments: