Guest blog post form Carol Ritter of CarolTalks.com
We frequent a restaurant in Rehoboth Beach, it’s a Mexican restaurant that features lobster and has a wonderful array of margaritas. I’m a lobster lover but not a fan of margaritas, that is, not until they created the customized, hand-made from fresh pumpkin, on the premises, only available from Halloween to Thanksgiving PUMPKIN MARGARITA!
I think it could be their secret weapon!
People come from miles to sip on the delectable PUMPKIN MARGARITA, served in a beautiful glass, topped with creme fraiche and sprinkled with nutmeg.
Actually, they have three secret weapons. The Pumpkin Margarita, the Lobster Nachos along with several other lobster dishes and Hot Stone Grilled dinners.
Their secret weapon was so on target it made heads turn and attracted a whole new line of visitors to this amazing restaurant.
Ok, it’s your turn. If you don’t have a secret weapon, described by Caroltalks as your “WOW,” your “MOJO,” the thing that makes people sit up and take notice, you need to get one. It has to be something new and exciting and something that makes customers, not walk, but run through the doors.
Here’s how you do it! Start by forming a Mastermind Group, a group of trusted like-minded people for a brainstorming session.
1. Within one minute, tell them what you do, followed by your service or product.
2. Ask the question, what can I do to “WOW” my customers
3. Begin to weave the ideas into your future business plan
4. Try it, if it doesn’t “WOW” anyone, try something else, take risks and throw caution to the wind.
5. Keep going until you get it - did you know that the self-made billionaires have one thing in common: “They took enormous risks. There is no careful, cautious path that leads from humble beginnings to Bloomberg's list of the richest people in the world.” (according to Entrepreneur Magazine)
If, after several tries, you cannot find your secret weapon, don’t give up, take a break and get in the car drive to Rehoboth Beach and drink a PUMPKIN MARGARITA and eat a lobster enchilada, no regrets here!
Carol serves as a featured writer for the Home News and the Lehigh Valley Chamber Blog.Carol is an accomplished professional speaker, coach and educational consultant specializing in innovative leadership, outrageous fundraising, million dollar marketing, and building organizational alliances throughout the country. Carol’s creative leadership with bullet proof ideas for recruiting MORE MEMBERS, MORE MONEY AND TER LEADERS. www.caroltalks.com 610-442-4545 email@example.com Like Carol on Facebook at Caroltalks and CarolCoaches! Carol S. Ritter, Immediate Past President, National Speakers Association Philadelphia