Guest blog from Carol Ritter of CarolTalks.com
There is such Baseball Fever in the Lehigh Valley. If you’re not a Phillies Fan, that’s okay, you could be a Reading Phillies Fan. If you’re not a Reading Phillies Fan you could be an Iron Pigs Fan. If you’re not an Iron Pigs Fan how about being a fan of your child’s team or your grandchild’s team? Whatever your pleasure, it’s the season for peanuts, popcorn and crackerjack and, hopefully, a HOME RUN.
When I coached 7 year olds, I remember there was rarely a kid on the team who could hit a HOME RUN. And, if they did it was because the outfield was picking daisies or talking to another player or maybe, in my case, the center fielder ran off the field in the middle of a play to hit the boy’s room.
Just like a 7 year old, in business sometimes your players don’t have their eye on the ball and even though you wish and hope for a HOME RUN, it’s not coming because no one is paying attention to the possibility .
Here are “7” ideas for Hitting the HOME RUN!
1. Keep your staff focused on the ultimate goal, remind them weekly
2. Put Extreme Customer Service at the top of the list - you could get an unexpected HOME RUN with this one.
3. Let your staff know clearly what a HOME RUN means for the biz
4. Don’t forget to bring the peanuts, popcorn and crackerjack when you see the staff running to second base.
5. Don’t criticize when your staff strikes out, encourage and inspire
6. Keep up the TEAM spirit, create it and celebrate it
7. Celebrate the HOME RUN, you don’t have to pour champagne over anyone’s head but your sure can pop the cork and serve up some mighty fine Ball Park Franks.
When looking to hit a HOME RUN, practice, practice, practice, be a great COACH for your team and HIT ‘UM OUT OF THE PARK!
Carol S. Ritter, Motivational Speaker Results Only Business Coach & Featured Writer www.caroltalks.com 610-442-4545 www.youtube.com/caroltalks
Carol serves as a featured writer for the Home News and the Lehigh Valley Chamber Blog. Carol is an accomplished professional speaker, coach and educational consultant specializing in innovative leadership, outrageous fundraising, million dollar marketing, and building organizational alliances throughout the country. Carol’s creative leadership with bullet proof ideas for recruiting MORE MEMBERS, MORE MONEY AND BETTER LEADERS. www.caroltalks.com 610-442-4545 email@example.com Like Carol on Facebook at Caroltalks and CarolCoaches! Carol S. Ritter, Immediate Past President, National Speakers Association Philadelphia