EnergyLoan® Consumer Lender
AFC First Financial Corporation, a Lehigh Valley, PA based private financial institution which specializes in consumer lending and program management for residential energy efficiency projects nationwide is looking for a talented, detail-oriented and upbeat person for the position of Energy Lending Specialist (Consumer Lending).
The ideal candidate has solid experience in process, production and customer service and who has demonstrated success in working in a team environment processing and closing consumer loans and/or residential mortgage loans.
The primary goal is to deliver an exceptional service experience to contractors and consumers in a consistent and timely fashion.
AFC First, founded in 1947, is the administrator of state and utility energy efficiency programs nationwide, in partnership with over 6,000 contractors. Programs include Pennsylvania’s Keystone Home Energy Loan Program, Efficiency Maine, Illinois Energy Loan, Connecticut Solar Lease Program and the national EnergyLoan and HUD PowerSaver programs. It is a team-oriented, collaborative company environment with direct access to executive management.
This position is a key part of AFC First’s EnergyLoan operations team and reports to the Vice President of Production. The primary goal is to effectively process and underwrite unsecured consumer loans for energy efficiency home improvements, providing accurate decisions and an exceptional level of service to consumers and contractors.
Principal Duties Include:
· Responsible for origination, processing and closing of unsecured consumer loans in an automated environment. Works as part of a team handling contractor, sponsor and customer relationships.
· Ability to work as part of a team, to build and maintain a culture of exceptional customer service, handle production flow within established deadlines and work to error-free quality standards.
· Responsible for meeting established loan processing timelines and quality targets. Maintain high volume and quality in loan production. Review and analyze the effectiveness of the programs, recommend change as needed and works as part of the implementation team.
· Work with the Senior Credit Officer to ensure that loan decisions are within established credit matrices appropriate to the loan type.
· Effectively communicate lending status and decisions with consumers and contractors, providing friendly, knowledgeable and extraordinary service to all parties. Accurately maintain all records in loan processing database in a timely fashion, efficiently process applications and produce accurate and correct documents.
· Ensure compliance for all lending procedures including bank and/or regulatory procedures, policies, requirements, laws, rules, and/or regulations. Ensures compliance with company policies and procedures, and makes suggestions for improvements to procedures.
· Ensure that all interactions with customers, sponsors and contractors meet world class customer service standards.
· Other duties as assigned as part of a dynamic and growing company with a reputation for integrity and excellence since 1947.
This position is a key part of the AFC team. You will work closely with senior management and be involved in the product planning and implementation processes. The position is based at AFC First’s headquarters in the AFC First Energy Center on Brookside Road in West Allentown/Lower Macungie Township.
Technical Skills and Experience:
· Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent.
· Minimum three-five years experience in consumer lending, with knowledge of consumer lending laws and regulations
· Exceptional commitment to world-class customer service
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Exceptional interpersonal, organizational and teamwork skills
· Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
· Ability to use standard Microsoft Office applications and an ability to quickly learn new IT platforms and technology
· Available to work regular hours through , plus additional hours as necessary
Full-time, salaried position. Compensation DOE.
Please forward resume to William Walsh, Vice President of Production at email@example.com.