Monday, September 8, 2014

Growing UR Biz in 2014- Get Social

Is social media really social?  I took my mom to breakfast this week and as I was walking into the restaurant I noticed a picture album on a shelf.  The album had a note on it that indicated that the album was found in a nearby street.  There was a picture of 8 adults on the outside cover.   The note asked that if you knew anyone in this picture to let the restaurant know and it would be returned to the owner.  I took a double take!  I knew one of the men pictured on the cover of the book.... I graduated with him and he lives in Florida now.  I didn’t have his phone number so I jumped on Facebook, found him and sent Pete a private message.  I told him the story and he immediately said, “That’s my uncle’s book, I’ll call him and tell him where he can pick it up.”   All is well, he got the book back the same day and Facebook saved the day.  

So many people say to me with rightous indignation, “I’m not on Facebook, I hate Twitter and I don’t even know what Instagram is!!”  I used to think that way, too,  UNTIL SOMEONE INVITED ME TO A FACEBOOK CLASS.  Curiosity got the best of me and I went.  After learning how social media can ‘Grow ur Biz’ and also help you connect with people you would never have the time to find, I was hooked. In this case, it served as a conduit for a very good deed, the return of a treasured photo album.  And, if you don’t believe all of this,  ALS just raised millions of dollars with people all over the country dumping ice water on their heads - genius idea!  Facebook was the conduit. 

Facebook Facts: 


*30 million businesses now have a Facebook Fan page.

*1.5 million businesses now spend money on Facebook ads.

*Facebook users bought $234 million dollars worth of goods and gifts in just the last quarter. 

Ritter’s on Twitter, growing my audience one tweet at a time.  Why?  Because I want to grow my biz and the biz of my clients.  

You also could join Facebook or Twitter just for the news, fun, nosiness or if you just want to see what your kids or family are doing.  

Twitter Boot Camp coming up on October 23, 2014 8:30-9:30 am at the Bethlehem Campus of East Stroudsburg University on Broad Street. Be There Be Square, sponsored by Nazareth Business Council. Call Laurel 610-216-5343.

There is social in social media, just ask Peter!

Carol S. Ritter, Motivational Speaker Results Only Business Coach & Featured Writer www.caroltalks.com 610-442-4545 www.youtube.com/caroltalks

  

Carol serves as a featured writer for the Home News and the Lehigh Valley Chamber Blog.Carol is an accomplished professional speaker, coach and educational consultant specializing in innovative leadership, outrageous fundraising, million dollar marketing, and building organizational alliances throughout the country.  Carol’s creative  leadership with bullet proof ideas for recruiting MORE MEMBERS, MORE MONEY AND BETTER LEADERS. www.caroltalks.com 610-442-4545 tellkids@aol.com  Like Carol on  Facebook at Caroltalks and CarolCoaches!  Carol S. Ritter, Immediate Past President, National Speakers Association Philadelphia

No comments: