July Letter from the President of the Allentown Chamber of Commerce, Charles Thiel, Communication Systems Inc.
Dining in Allentown!
One tell-tale sign of a community’s comeback is the growing list of restaurants making Allentown a dining destination. And, with the warmer weather upon us, it’s the perfect time to gather family and friends, enjoy great cuisine, often alfresco, and break bread together.
Allentown has many great restaurants and we have seen our fair share of new ones open over the past few years, each with offering its own flair and culinary delights - with many more on the docket. Here is a small sampling of what Allentown has on the menu:
• Allentown Brew Works - award winning craft beers, incredible pub fare, an outdoor Biergarten, open 7 days a week. www.thebrewworks.com
• Billy’s Downtown Diner is not your ordinary diner offering tasty breakfast and lunch 7 days a week - you’ll always leave satisfied. www.billysdiner.com
• Bon Appetit Café - featuring authentic Middle Eastern specials as well as American favorites - there’s something for everyone. www.cafebonappetit.com
• The Dime - inside the beautiful Renaissance Allentown Hotel serving up the finest breakfast, lunch and dinner 7 days a week. http://thedimeallentown.com
• The Hamilton Kitchen & Bar - the perfect place before or after a game or event with amazing food and drink for every palette. And, you can’t afford to miss their perfect location with the grand outdoor bar. http://thehamiltonkitchen.com
• Johnny’s Bagels - New York style deli with a personality; Johnny’s is the working man’s deli - cheap, great and fast! Eat in or take out - open 7 days a week. http://johnnysbagelsanddeli.com
• Roar Social House is a culinary delight featuring lunch and dinner menus. Their speakeasy bar, Hush is the perfect ending to any day. http://roarallentown.com
• Shanty on 19th - bistro style restaurant serves great food 7 days a week in the heart of the West End Theatre District and has a great patio, too. www.shantyon19th.com
• Youell’s Oyster House - offering an extensive menu from shellfish to steak and the region’s best raw bar; Youell’s also has outdoor dining. http://youellsoysterhouse.com
Of course, we have many more great restaurants and several scheduled to open this summer, including Bell Hall, Shula’s, Nosh, to name a few. Support Chamber member restaurants and enjoy great cuisine from around the world right in heart of the Lehigh Valley! For a complete list, check out the insert in this issue of Connections.