Lehigh Valley Workforce Development Board, Inc. (LVWDBP) and the Lehigh Valley Business Education Partnership recently held an informative and interactive Summit on Employer's Role in Developing Career Pathyways.
As Executive Director of the LVWDB, I shared the valuable ways employers can help strengthen their future workforce.
1. Implement a Career Pathyway in Your Workplace. Here at the LVWDB we have the tools and information you need to start a pathway in your company.
2. Participate in Rotational Internships. Just ask B.Braun, as one of the first employers to help start the Lehigh Valley Rotational Internship program they are happy to see that students are now able to choose from over ten different industries in the Lehigh Valley.
3.Welcome organizations and students into your facilities. Getting people into your doors will start conversations that may lead to knowledge sharing, employment opportunities, improvement and better understanding of your workforce needs.
During the summit Lehigh Valley employers shared their programs and success stories.
- St. Luke's Health Network offeres medical professional pathway for employees who want to advance.
- International Brotherhood Electrical Workers 375 offers apprenticeship opportunities.
- Lehigh Valley Plastics offers rotational internships for interested youth.
- Bracalente Manufacturing Group implements specific machinery pathways for employees.
Richard Sniscak, Parkland School District Superintedent was on hand to offer his perspective about the programs offered to students in the Parkland School District. They have been offering specialized programs to students for years and will continue to dedicate funding for students to become prepared to enter the workforce.
There are SO many ways employers can contribute and improve our workforce. For more information call our Business Engagement Service Team at 610-437-5627