A New Director of Data Science & Analytics is in Town
Nancy Dischinat, Executive Director, Lehigh Valley Workforce Development Board.
The Lehigh Valley Workforce Development Board hired John Lamirand to help us understand the vast amounts of data available, to assist in making smart data-driven decisions, and designing workforce products we can all use.
His primary responsibility will be to utilize data science and analytic techniques to communicate Lehigh Valley’s workforce data story for employers and stakeholders who can use these insights to develop strategies and policies. His goal is to make data meaningful and analytics more relevant and interesting to the Lehigh Valley community.
Seven ways our Data Scientist will assist Lehigh Valley employers:
2. Design data-driven labor market resources
3. Monitor current labor market conditions and assess future labor market projections
4. Conduct economic impact studies
5. Analyze, interpret, and market local labor market data
6. Conduct research on labor market conditions, hiring requirements, and talent availability
7. Explore labor market forecasting and predictive modeling methodologies…and much more.
John Lamirand previous worked at Lehigh Valley Economic Development Corp. Prior to his time in the Lehigh Valley, Lamirand spent 10 years as an operational analyst and project manager with the defense contractor Northrop Grumman/TASC in Washington, D.C., where he worked on new market campaigns, competitive intelligence analysis, capabilities analysis, and open source data. John Lamirand previous worked at Lehigh Valley Economic Development Corp
Lamirand also served in the U.S. Marine Corps as a logistics officer. He has a Master of Science degree in Management Information Systems Technology from George Washington University, and a Bachelor of Science degree in chemistry from the University of Oklahoma.
What Data Do You Need? Please contact me at email@example.com and let us know how our data can help you!